Stunning pre-wedding photography in Ravello
When people ask us “as wedding photographers on the Amalfi Coast, which is your favourite location out of all the picturesque fishing villages along the stunning coastline?” we can never answer as every single hilltop hamlet has such incredible scenery coupled with its own endearing traditions.
When teaming up with Distinctive Italy Wedding Planner, we were thrilled to come back in this idyllic area for a stunning pre-wedding photography shoot in Ravello for the couple, Hillary and Derrick. The Amalfi Coast inspired shoot was the perfect chance to get to know the couple before their intimate wedding in Villa Eva and to create a fashion orientated photo session. The couple are one of a kind: classy, uninhibited and ready to put themselves out there.
They made us think – so many couples seem to find a pre wedding shoot embarrassing and awkward. Having two hours dedicated to themselves can sometimes be intimidating, especially when you are not used to having your photo taken.
With that in mind, below are some tips and tricks for a successful pre-wedding styled shoot:
- CHOOSE YOUR DESTINATION: Whilst the backyard of your house can be a stunning setting for your styled shoot, many couples choose a beautiful holiday spot or to be on site at their wedding venue. Being on holiday always means you get to see new places and be very relaxed which helps images turn out beautifully.
- COME UP WITH A THEME: Decide from the beginning with your photographer if the pre-wedding photo session should be casual or dressy. We can also suggest to you options for a themed photo session with details and outfits.
- HOW TO DRESS: It is best to have on a different coloured outfit to that of your partner. Plus, if your session is planned to last in two different lights (sunset and dusk, for example), it is a good idea to think about changing your outfit again too.
- TIMING: Due to the fact you do not have guests or any timetable to respect, you can choose the best light of the day for your pre wedding shoot. This is usually the early morning or during golden light. These timings will really help produce the best results possible.
- HAVE FUN! The most important thing to remember is to you enjoy yourself and enjoy spending time with your partner in crime. It will mean that we can catch the best of the happy couple in the most natural way.